Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm – 9pm
at KMC South Carolina with Kelsang Tabkay
There will be a free introduction and sample class for those interested September 5 from 7-9pm at KMC South Carolina.
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers.
There are immeasurable benefits of training to become a qualified teacher of meditation and Kadampa Buddhism. Our own wisdom, inner peace, and meditation experience will greatly increase through this special study program designed by contemporary Buddhist master, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche. This program includes in depth study, meditation, and discussion in each class. There are also occasional teaching skills classes to improve our abilities as teachers. For more benefits please read Wishfulfilling Jewels for Dharma practitioners by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche.
Students interested in the Teacher Training Program must first have an interview with the Resident Teacher. Contact email@example.com for more information.
The program comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
Currently Studying: Great Treasury of Merit
Great Treasury of Merit provides a full explanation of how to practice Offering to the Spiritual Guide (Lama Chöpa), one of the most important meditation practices of Kadampa Buddhism. A work of unparalleled profundity and clarity, this book contains a wealth of accessible and practical instructions on Lamrim, Lojong and Tantric Mahamudra, the very essence of Buddha’s teachings. An indispensable handbook for all those who wish to accomplish the swift path to enlightenment.
Studying via Correspondence
Students who live outside the Columbia area or who have a good reason for not being able to attend the Teacher Training Program can request to study via correspondence. Students receive MP3s of the teachings via e-mail and keep all the commitments of Teacher Training Program except for attendance of classes and chanted prayer sessions.
If you are interested in studying via correspondence, please contact us.
$60 per month (even during months when we do not meet for class)